1. Delhi ISBT to Haridwar By Buses
The Haridwar bus service at ISBT Delhi is quite good. There are many state run Delhi Haridwar Buses from Delhi ISBT, plying at every 30 minutes. These are General, Semi-deluxe, Deluxe and Volvo AC buses. Always take the state run buses of Uttarakhand Roadways UTC, Delhi Transport Corp DTC and UP Roadways UPSTRC. There are some buses of Rajasthan Roadways and Haryana Roadways that are comfortable, speedy as compared to other buses. You can take them too. The fare range from Rs 130 to Rs 400 approx.
The journey may take you minimum 6 hours to maximum 8 hours as per the traffic on the highway. From past 2 years there are frequent jams as the roads around Muzzafarnagar and Modinagar are getting widened.
Always avoid the private buses running from ISBT Delhi as they promises a lot with their features but are very unsafe, expensive and not upto any standards.
2. Delhi to Haridwar By Train
There are many trains running from various stations of Delhi to Haridwar. The Delhi Haridwar Train Schedule is as follows-
2055 Ddn Janshtbdi New Delhi 15:25 Haridwar Jn 19:30
2017 Dehradun Shtbdi New Delhi 06:50 Haridwar Jn 11:25
4041 Mussoorie Exp Delhi-Shahdara 22:35 HaridwarJn 05:52
2205 Nzm Ddn Ac Exp H Nizamuddin 23:55 Haridwar Jn 03:55
9019 Dehradun Exp H Nizamuddin 05:47 Haridwar Jn 15:20
9105 Haridwar Mail Delhi Shahdara 06:03 HaridwarJn 12:15
4317 Ind Ddn Express H Nizamuddin 11:30 HaridwarJn 16:47
8477 Utkal Express H Nizamuddin 14:35 Haridwar Jn 20:30
I personally suggest Dehradun Janshatabdi 2055 as it takes just 4 hours to reach Haridwar. The fare is also cheaper than bus- Rs 107 for 2S Class and Rs 345 for class CC
3. Delhi to Haridwar By Air
The nearest airport to Haridwar is Jolly Grant, that is 35 km away from Haridwar. So i wont suggest this option to reach haridwar as one has to take a bus, train or a taxi to finally reach the holy city for this 35 km distance.
These were some of the conventional options to go to Haridwar from Delhi. In case one plans to reach Haridwar by Car or by bike, the Delhi to Haridwar road map would be surely helpful.
Delhi to Haridwar Road Map/ Delhi-Haridwar Driving Directions
The distance between Delhi to Haridwar is around 210 km from ISBT Sarai Kale Khan Delhi.
- Start At Sarai kale Khan ISBT and drive on NH-24 through Nizamuddin Bridge, Vinod Nagar to Gazipur Border.
- From red light at UP border, take a left turn and reach Mohan Nagar T point via Dabur.
- Take NH 58 and reach Muradnagar. Then via Modi Nagar, Muzzafar Nagar, Khatauli, reach Purkaji-Manglor, from there Uttarakhand border starts.
- Continue on NH 58 to Roorkee, famous for IIT Roorkee, Roorkee College of Engineering & Roorkee Cantt.
- Go Straight on NH 58 Haridwar Road to reach the holy city of Haridwar.